Travel Insurance in California has served travelers to help protect their travel plans whether they’re going on a quick business trip, the vacation of a lifetime, or even moving abroad study or live somewhere new. Most travelers spend a lot of time and effort planning the perfect vacations, but they often overlook the importance of getting a good ‘’travel insurance policy’’.
Although travel insurance cannot help people avoid misfortunes during their travels, it offers consolation in the form of monetary compensation, which can be very useful in certain situations.
Travel insurance provides a wide range of advantages/benefits for ‘’travelers’’.
Advantages/Benefits of Travel Insurance:
- Emergency medical assistance: Twenty-four hour cover for medical evacuations, ambulances, funeral arrangements and more.
- Emergency medical and hospital costs: If you need to go to hospital suddenly because of injury or illness you’re covered for hospital stays, surgery, and emergency dental treatment.
- Family emergency: You’re covered for your unexpected travel expenses if person you’re travelling with dies unexpectedly, or disabled or injured.
- Resumption of journey: If you need to return home because of a death in the family, or severe sickness that requires a hospital stay and they are a close family member, your flights will be covered to get you home.
- Accidental death: If you die within 12 months of your trip because of an injury you experienced during your holiday, a death payment is offered.
- Permanent disability: If you lose your sight, or any of your limbs while on holiday, a disability payment will be paid to you for at least 12 months after you return home.
- Loss of income: If you’re injured during your trip and can no longer work, you’ll be paid a loss of income benefit for a set period of time.
- Theft of cash and travel documents: You’ll be reimbursed for any costs to replace your passport, travel documents or if they are lost or stolen on your trip. And if your cash is stolen – you’re covered.
- Alternative transport: If you incur delay and cannot make a pre-planned event such as a wedding, funeral, conference or any pre-paid tour your alternative transport expenses will be paid for by your travel insurance.
- Personal liability: Cover for legal liability including legal expenses for bodily injuries or damage to property of other persons as a result of a claim made against you.
- Domestic Pets: If you’re delayed returning home from your holiday and have a dog or cat being looked after, travel insurance will cover the additional ‘’kennel or cattery fees.’’
- Domestic services: Some insurers even offer housekeeping services if you’re injured or disabled when you return home.